School passes inspection
Preliminary results of an inspection of Lansing Intermediate School last week indicate that the building is OK, Lansing Schools Superintendent Randal Bagby said.
LIS was checked out Thursday by a consultant from Walter P. Moore Engineers and Consultants in Kansas City, Mo. The state fire marshal had asked the district to have an engineer provide a structural assessment of the building because the east end has settled more than an inch in the past two years.
Dale Bohannon, director of buildings and grounds for the district, said a written report of the engineer's findings would be sent to the district within a week.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears