LHS grad earns commission
Lawrence A Lansing High School graduate was among the 33 college graduates commissioned as officers in the armed forces last month in ceremonies at the University of Kansas.
Nicholas Lee Polczynski, son of Kevin and Tammy Polczynski of Leavenworth, was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force at the ROTC commissioning ceremony May 23 in the Kansas Union Ballroom.
Polczynski, a University of St. Mary graduate, was commissioned with the KU ROTC graduates. KU's ROTC program also trains cadets at Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, Baker University in Baldwin City, the University of St. Mary in Leavenworth, Washburn University in Topeka and Mid-America Nazarene University in Olathe.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- International tragedy led to lasting local legacy for Boy Scouts