Army secretary to speak at fort
The secretary of the Army will be the speaker this week at graduation for the U.S. Army Command and General Staff Officer Course class of 2005 at Fort Leavenworth.
Francis J. Harvey is the senior official of the Department of the Army.
The 10-month Command and General Staff Officer Course prepares mid-career military officers for duty as commanders and principal staff officers with large military organizations. It provides a base of fundamental war fighting skills and knowledge.
About 950 officers, from 76 countries and from all U.S. military branches, will graduate from the course.
The event is not open to the public.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)