City working to fill spots on planning commission
A search committee, comprised of three Basehor officials, this week is set to begin interviewing candidates interested in filling vacancies on the Basehor Planning Commission.
Mayor Chris Garcia, along with city council member Bill Hooker and planning commission chairman John Matthews, will interview at least two candidates this week. Garcia said it's his hope to submit nominations to the Basehor City Council by Monday, June 20.
Since last month, the seven-member planning commission has been operating shorthanded. In May, two members of the planning commission -- Julie Cogley and Burl Gratny -- resigned. A third member, George Smith, was not appointed.
More like this story
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- Effort seeks to crowdfund millions to buy Topeka race track
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life