Attack at prison under investigation
A corrections officer was attacked Friday at Lansing Correctional Facility.
Brett Peterson, spokesman for the prison, said he couldn't divulge any details because the situation was still under investigation.
"I'm not sure when the investigation will be over," he said.
The maximum-security portion of the prison was placed on lock-down status over the weekend for cautionary reasons, but by Friday, normal visitation will be allowed, Peterson said.
No cautionary changes were made at either the minimum- or medium-security correctional facilities, he said.
More like this story
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat