Services for Wanita L. Paulson, 76, Leavenworth, were Tuesday at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial was at Sunset Memory Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Paulson died Thursday, June 16, 2005, at St. John Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born May 22, 1929, in Mason City, Iowa, the daughter of Oscar T. and Mamie M. (Anderson) Nestvedt.
Mrs. Paulson had worked in billing for the Lansing Water Department before she retired. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and the Eagles Auxiliary, where she was past president.
She married Wayne Clifford Eugene Paulson on Sept. 14, 1951, in Pipestone, Minn. He died July 2, 1983.
Survivors include two sons, Merritt Eugene Paulson, Leavenworth, and John Wayne Paulson, Parkville, Mo.; a brother, Daryl Nestvedt, Des Moines, Iowa; a sister, Mary Pedelty, Mason City, Iowa; five grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
The family requests memorials to the church, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood takes down Mill Valley
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday