Winifred F. Herring-Kant
Services for Winifred F. Herring-Kant, 75, Leavenworth were Saturday at R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, Leavenworth, with burial at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Herring-Kant died Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at St. John Hospital, Leavenworth. She was born June 9, 1930, in Leavenworth the daughter of Ralph and Lillian Martin Leeper.
She attended Leavenworth public schools and worked for many years as a bookkeeper at Army National Bank, retiring in 1986. She was a lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 56 Auxiliary and a member of Trinity Methodist Church.
On June 18, 1948, she married Howard Herring. He died in March 1984. In June 1986, she married Charles Kant. He died in 1992.
Survivors include three sons, William Herring, Belle Plaine, Robert Herring, Lansing, and Bruce Herring, Leavenworth; a grandson; two great-grandsons; a sister, Freda Atkinson, Leavenworth; and a brother, Robert Leeper, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to an organization of the donors choice, sent in care of the funeral home, 4701 10th Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board