Winifred F. Herring-Kant
Services for Winifred F. Herring-Kant, 75, Leavenworth were Saturday at R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, Leavenworth, with burial at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Herring-Kant died Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at St. John Hospital, Leavenworth. She was born June 9, 1930, in Leavenworth the daughter of Ralph and Lillian Martin Leeper.
She attended Leavenworth public schools and worked for many years as a bookkeeper at Army National Bank, retiring in 1986. She was a lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 56 Auxiliary and a member of Trinity Methodist Church.
On June 18, 1948, she married Howard Herring. He died in March 1984. In June 1986, she married Charles Kant. He died in 1992.
Survivors include three sons, William Herring, Belle Plaine, Robert Herring, Lansing, and Bruce Herring, Leavenworth; a grandson; two great-grandsons; a sister, Freda Atkinson, Leavenworth; and a brother, Robert Leeper, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to an organization of the donors choice, sent in care of the funeral home, 4701 10th Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor High principal Sherry Reeves
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars