Hazel M. Scharer
Graveside services for Hazel M. Scharer, 89, Easton, will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, at Bethel Cemetery.
Mrs. Scharer died Saturday, June 25, 2005, at County Care of Easton Nursing Home.
She was born June 27, 1915, in Topeka, the daughter of Edward and Effie (Fowler) Mathis.
Mrs. Scharer had worked for Leavenworth public schools and retired as a nurse's aide at St. John Hospital.
She married Charles Scharer on Jan. 24, 1933, in Leavenworth. He died Oct. 24, 1975.
A grandson also died earlier.
Survivors include a son, Charles Scharer, Casper, Wyo.; a daughter, Melba Ward, Leavenworth County; eight grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchilden.
The family suggests memorials to American Cancer Society or American Heart Association, sent in care of Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly