Richard and Linda Gilliland of rural Leavenworth announce the engagement of their son Tom Brown to Janel Armon of Fairway.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Allen and Diane Armon of Fairway. She graduated from Shawnee Mission East High School and attends Avila University's School of Nursing.
The future groom is the son of Linda Gilliland and the late Tom Brown. He is a graduate of Lansing High School and the University of Kansas and works as an event manager for the Kansas City, Mo., Convention Center.
The couple plan an Aug. 6 wedding at Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Kansas City, Mo.
More like this story
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction