Teacher nominated to ‘Who’s Who’
Gregory Rawlings, a former science teacher at Lansing Middle School, was nominated for the ninth time to "Who's Who Among America's Teachers."
"Who's Who Among America's Teachers" honors educators nominated by students from "Who's Who Among American High School Students," "Who's Who Among American High School Students: Sports Edition" and students named in The National Dean's List. Nomin-ations also can be made by their peers, school board or community.
Rawlings is on administrative leave from Lansing school district. Rawlings, who was a teacher in Lansing for more than 20 years and a tenured employee for 18, had his contract terminated in November by the Lansing School Board. The board cited allegations including inappropriate interactions with female students.
Rawlings reached a settlement with the school board Feb. 1 allowing him to resign at the end of the school year and receive pay and benefits.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Basehor library storyteller known for theatrics
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher