Vandalism at ball fields under investigation
Criminal damage and arson was reported about 6:30 p.m. Monday near the Lansing High School ball fields, Lansing Police said.
Police Chief Steve Wayman said a port-a-potty at the site had been tipped over and set on fire. He said Tuesday that he was waiting for a monetary estimate of the damage but that the unit was a total loss.
Wayman said that there were no witnesses and that the department had no suspects.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center