Leavenworth Family services for Richard Walker, 75, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 6. Burial, with full military honors, will follow at Mt. Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Walker died Sunday, March 6, 2005, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Nov. 29, 1930, in Eureka, Calif., the son of Douglas Logan and Ella Mae (Ward) Walker.
He retired from the Army as a chief warrant officer after 26 years of service. He was a former member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He married Nellie Ennis on June 2, 1962, in Miami, Okla.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard Jr., Kansas City, and David, Olathe; a daughter, Rebecca Ellison, Moscow, Idaho; two grandchildren; and a grandchild that is not yet born.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 6, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to American Heart Assn., sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Death knell is sounding for the phone book
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'