Kids’ fishing derby on tap for May
Lansing Parks and Recreation Department will play host to the fourth annual Fishing Derby from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 14, at Lost 80 Park. A picnic lunch will follow.
A $5-per-child registration fee will cover bait, picnic lunch and giveaway prizes. Youths ages 15 and younger may participate, but all must be accompanied by an adult. Any questions or volunteer inquiries should be directed to the Parks and Recreation office at 727-2960. Registration forms also may be obtained online at www.lansing.ks.us.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair