Edna M. Moppin
Services for Edna M. Moppin, 83, Leavenworth, will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Davis Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in Mt. Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
She died Monday, March 7, at St. John Hospital, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Moppin was born Feb. 26, 1922, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Elbert and Mae (Jackson) Brown.
She worked for Leavenworth County for 26 years.
Mrs. Moppin served in various offices of the PTA and was a Girl Scout and Cub Scout leader. She served on the advisory board for the Council on Aging, Civil Service Board and volunteered for Leavenworth Historical Society. She was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church.
She married James E. Moppin on July 4, 1942. He preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Richard K. Moppin, Leavenworth, and Roger N. Moppin, Platte City, Mo.; a daughter Sue Wooley, Lansing; and 10 grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 10, at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to Trinity United Methodist Church or the charity of the donor's choice, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
Online condolences can be made at www.davisfuneralchapelinc.com
More like this story
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education