Letter: ‘Ridiculous and unfair’
To the Editor:
I am writing with regard to the recent tax appraisals that went out. Again, Wyandotte County, especially the western portion, has been hit with increases that are ridiculous and unfair. It angers me that with each passing year, those of us trying to make this county our home continue to get robbed with these over-hyped increases.
As the Mayor of the City of Edwardsville, I am pleased that I have been a part of a team that has continued to reduce taxes for our citizens to defray the rising costs the county continues to slam us all with. I think the county should take a closer look at us and catch a ride on our train.
I urge residents to protest your appraisals if you believe, as I do, that we are being treated unfairly. To help with this cause, I have compiled a letter for citizens, as a show of my support, if you wish to contest your tax increase. It is available at City Hall and I urge you to stop by and pick one up. Together, let us fight back instead of just standing by and letting the county continue to rob us of our hard-earned money.
Mayor Stephanie Eickhoff
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- Kansas Board of Education to examine school laws, bonds
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized