Family services for Richard Walker, 75, Leavenworth, were Tuesday, March 6. Burial, with full military honors, followed at Mt. Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Walker died Sunday, March 6, 2005, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
He was born Nov. 29, 1930, in Eureka, Calif., the son of Douglas Logan and Ella Mae (Ward) Walker.
He retired from the Army as a chief warrant officer after 26 years of service. He was a former member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He married Nellie Ennis on June 2, 1962, in Miami, Okla.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard Jr., Kansas City, and David, Olathe; a daughter, Rebecca Ellison, Moscow, Idaho; two grandchildren; and a grandchild that is not yet born.
Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, was in charge of arrangements.
The family suggests memorials to American Heart Assn., sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday