Students to give opera performances
Students in the University of St. Mary Opera Workshop class will take the stage next week for an evening of solos, duets and stage performances.
The free event will be at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, in Xavier Theatre on the St. Mary campus.
A reception will be held in the Saint Mary Social Room following the conclusion of the performance.
The students will perform works from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, William S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan, and Aaron Copland.
Senior Kim Simpson, junior Ryan Harris and sophomore Taylor Gillespie headline the performance. Also featured are Matthew Lockwood and Whitney Jaster, both natives of the Leavenworth area.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer