Motorcycle crash on Main Street puts rider in hospital
Sirens rang out across Lansing about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday as police responded to the scene of a motorcycle accident.
A man riding a black Honda 919 motorcycle southbound on Main Street ran into a car that was pulling out of the parking lot at Dollar General store, 401 N. Main St. The man flew off the motorcycle before crashing to the ground. Lansing Police said the victim was taken to the hospital.
"There was no blood, but that doesn't mean anything," Lansing Police officer Aaron Wilson said.
The female driver of the car was not injured. Her vehicle was drivable, although it sustained damage to the rear left fender and door.
Witnesses told police that the motorcycle driver may have been speeding when the accident took place.
Names of the individuals involved were not available.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education