Reward offered for missing dog
Buddy is on the lam, and officials with the Safe Harbor for dogs program at Lansing Correctional Facility are offering a $100 reward for his return.
Buddy, a black, giant Schnauzer mix, escaped from his handlers at the prison just as he was being taken to his adoptive family about two weeks ago, said Toby Young, Safe Harbor coordinator.
The dog, which is dragging its leash, has been seen in the area between Kansas Avenue and East Mary Street, Young said.
"He's afraid; we've chased him several times," Young said. "We just can't catch him."
Anyone who knows of Buddy's whereabouts can call the Warden's Office at the prison, 727-3235, or Young at (913) 707-8629.
More like this story
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms