How they voted
The Kansas House last week adopted, on a 77-44 vote, House Resolution 6015, which overrode Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' executive order reorganizing state health care programs and establishing a division of health policy and finance within the Department of Administration.
Republicans released their own version of the plan aimed at the same goals as the governor's plan except it would create a new Health Policy Authority with seven voting members to oversee the programs Sebelius wanted to turn over to the Department of Administration.
Those voting yes on the resolution opposed Sebelius' plan; a no vote supported the governor.
Here's how area legislators voted:
Marti Crow, D-Leaven-worth, No
Candy Ruff, D-Leaven-worth, No
Kenny Wilk, R-Lansing, Yes
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Show 'n Shine set at Ag Hall
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom