School libraries cash in at book fair
This spring's Scholastic book fair at Lansing Elementary and Intermediate schools raised more than $3,000 in books, cash and vouchers for the libraries, said Laura Faulkner, book fair chairwoman.
The Elementary School earned $655 in cash, $795 in books and $353 in vouchers. The Intermediate School earned $863 in cash, $690 in books and $140 in vouchers, Faulkner said.
The librarians choose the breakdown of the earnings, Faulkner said.
The book budget is used to increase each library's holdings. Cash is put into a fund managed by the PTA and is used to replaced lost or damaged books and media.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social