On March 14, the monthly meeting of the Friendship Valley 4-H Club was held at the Lansing 4-H Building. There were 10 members present and three new members. Flag Salute and Happy Birthday singing for the March birthdays was led by Shelby Ogden.
The Buddish family distributed a flier and let the club know what was needed for the annual Easter Carnival held at Twin Oaks. The carnival was to be held March 20.
Aimee Ostermeyer announced that Youth Service Day will be April 16. It was moved and seconded that the club would pay for a T-shirt and lunch for those who want to participate.
A Centennial Committee was established to help with the club's design for the Quilt and Candle.
A demonstration was given by Abe Buddish on how to drop spindle fiber. Anna Buddish and her dog Whit also preformed a routine.
Next meeting of the club will be at 7 p.m. April 11 at the Lansing 4-H Building.
- Blaine McDougal, reporter
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Westar Energy will return $38 million to customers
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues