Graveside service with military honors for David Kidson, 76, Lansing, will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 29, at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Kidson died Thursday, March 24, 2005, at Dwight D. Eisenhower Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Leavenworth.
He was born July 10, 1928, in Burbank, Calif., the son of Richard L. and Gertrude D. (Bakeman) Kidson.
Mr. Kidson was an Army veteran and earned the Purple Heart while serving in the Korean War. He was retired from the Kansas Department of Transportation, where he worked in the highway maintenance division.
He married Jean M. Schultz on Nov. 8, 1952, in Leavenworth. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a daughter, Dorothy T. Smith, Branson, Mo.; a son, Richard F., Kansas City, Kan., three grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
The family suggests memorials to the family sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits