Lansing artist featured in show
Carnegie Arts Center will present "50 Years of Art," a retrospective featuring Lansing artist Gene Young.
The exhibit will feature mostly portraits of family and friends, Young said. It will also include a painting of Wyandotte Lake in 1955, which Young said was so large that he had to tie the canvas to the top of his car to get it there; a series of newspaper comics from 1939; and some digital photography. At least 50 pieces will be on display, Young said.
A reception will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. April 3. The exhibit will run April 3-24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The center is at 601 S. Fifth St., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City