Lansing student places at nationals
A Lansing man is a member of Washburn University's national championship forensics squad.
Freshman Daniel Usera took fourth place in persuasive speaking, sixth place in informative speaking and reached the semifinals of impromptu speaking.
The Talkin' Ichabods won the national championship at the 23rd annual Novice National Championship Tournament in Morehead, Ky.
The Washburn forensics team competes in individual speech events, parliamentary debate, Lincoln-Douglas debate and team policy debate.
More like this story
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Champions of Change: Bonner Springs High student, school resource officer visit White House
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center