Lansing student places at nationals
A Lansing man is a member of Washburn University's national championship forensics squad.
Freshman Daniel Usera took fourth place in persuasive speaking, sixth place in informative speaking and reached the semifinals of impromptu speaking.
The Talkin' Ichabods won the national championship at the 23rd annual Novice National Championship Tournament in Morehead, Ky.
The Washburn forensics team competes in individual speech events, parliamentary debate, Lincoln-Douglas debate and team policy debate.
More like this story
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Edwardsville councilman releases statement after KBI closes investigation
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program