Lansing student places at nationals
A Lansing man is a member of Washburn University's national championship forensics squad.
Freshman Daniel Usera took fourth place in persuasive speaking, sixth place in informative speaking and reached the semifinals of impromptu speaking.
The Talkin' Ichabods won the national championship at the 23rd annual Novice National Championship Tournament in Morehead, Ky.
The Washburn forensics team competes in individual speech events, parliamentary debate, Lincoln-Douglas debate and team policy debate.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history