Lansing student places at nationals
A Lansing man is a member of Washburn University's national championship forensics squad.
Freshman Daniel Usera took fourth place in persuasive speaking, sixth place in informative speaking and reached the semifinals of impromptu speaking.
The Talkin' Ichabods won the national championship at the 23rd annual Novice National Championship Tournament in Morehead, Ky.
The Washburn forensics team competes in individual speech events, parliamentary debate, Lincoln-Douglas debate and team policy debate.
More like this story
- Champions of Change: Bonner Springs High student, school resource officer visit White House
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Reviewing history behind name change of North America's highest peak