Libraries earn more than $3,000
This spring's Scholastic book fair at Lansing Elementary and Intermediate schools raised more than $3,000 in books, cash and vouchers for the libraries, said Laura Faulkner, book fair chairwoman.
The Elementary School earned $655 in cash, $795 in books and $353 in vouchers. The Intermediate School earned $863 in cash, $690 in books and $140 in vouchers, Faulkner said.
The librarians choose the breakdown of the earnings, Faulkner said.
The book budget is used to increase each library's holdings. Cash is put into a fund managed by the PTA and is used to replaced lost or damaged books and media, Faulkner said. She said the vouchers could be used in a Scholastic catalog that sells items such as book series, bookshelves and other instructional resources.
More like this story
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups