David S. Carmichael has been commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army after successfully completing the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps program and graduating with a bachelor's degree from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Carmichael will be branched to a specific corps in the Army to serve on active duty or in the National Guard or Reserve. He also will attend the officer basic course.
Carmichael is the son of retired Lt. Col. Steven and Ginny S. Carmichael of Lansing and is a 2000 graduate of Lansing High School.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- City government organization hosts April voting contest
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower