David S. Carmichael has been commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army after successfully completing the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps program and graduating with a bachelor's degree from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Carmichael will be branched to a specific corps in the Army to serve on active duty or in the National Guard or Reserve. He also will attend the officer basic course.
Carmichael is the son of retired Lt. Col. Steven and Ginny S. Carmichael of Lansing and is a 2000 graduate of Lansing High School.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- City government organization hosts April voting contest
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program