4-H’ers compete at Regional Day
Members of the Leavenworth County 4-H program competed in various contests at the Regional 4-H Day in March. The contestants were selected from county competition in February.
The youths competed for awards with 4-H members from six other northeast Kansas counties.
The results from regional competition are as follows:
Model Meeting: Happy Hollow 4-H Club, blue.
Project Talks: Austin Wiley, Leavenworth, blue; David Campbell, Leavenworth, red.
Junior Demonstration: John Ernzen, Easton, and Andrew Heim, Leavenworth, purple; Matthew Briggs, Leavenworth, blue.
Senior Demonstration: Audrey Knapp, Bonner Springs, purple; Kelly Yunghans, Leavenworth, blue.
Public Speaking: Jason Miles, Lawrence, blue; Nicole Allen, Tonganoxie, blue.
Chorus: Reno Bobwhites 4-H Club, purple.
Vocal Solo: Jason Miles, Lawrence, purple.
Instrumental Solo: Morgan Warren, Fort Leavenworth, blue.
Piano Solo: Vanessa Redford, Leavenworth, purple.
Small Group Dance: Vanessa and Malorie Redford, both of Leavenworth, red.
Readings: Kayla Lansing, Leavenworth, blue.
Creative Drama: Ben, Jacob and Stephanie Reynolds, all of Tonganoxie, red.
Other Talent: Anna Buddish, Leavenworth, blue.
- Beth Hecht is the extension agent for 4-H Youth Development at K-State Research & Extension, Leavenworth County. She can be reached at (913) 250-2300 or e-mailed at www.oznet.ksu.edu/leavenworth.
More like this story
- Bike Show honors Kobi’s founder, benefits Vaughn-Trent
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Basehor resident organizes ride for veterans' charities
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol