John A. Bromell
Mass of Christian burial for John A. Bromell, 80, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church. Burial will be in Mt. Olivet Cemetery.
Mr. Bromell died Saturday, April 30, 2005, at Providence Medical Center.
He was born March 15, 1925, in Leavenworth, the son of Alfred and Martha Richstatter Bromell.
He was a graduate of Immaculata High School, a lifetime member of St. Joseph of the Valley Church and Eagles Aerie No. 55 and was a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Mr. Bromell owned and operated Bromell Rock Hauling Co. and he enjoyed farming.
He married Norma Singer on April 27, 1953. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Steven J. and Michael P., both of Lansing; three daughters, Mary Lee Wagner, Leavenworth, Linda M. Nickel, Topeka, and Sandra A Waller, Basehor; a sister Lydia Heintzelman; and 11 grandchildren.
A grandson died earlier.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, May 2, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth, where a rosary will be recited at 7 p.m.
The family suggests memorials to St. Joseph of the Valley Church or Bethel Cemetery, sent in care of the funeral home, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048-0136.
Online condolences can be made at www.davisfuneralchapelinc.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center