Edward William Ryan
Leavenworth Services for Edward William Ryan, 82, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 5, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Ryan died Saturday, April 30, 2005, at Overland Park Regional Hospital.
He was born Feb. 20, 1923, in Springdale, the son of Harry and Elizabeth Ryan.
He married Helen Marie Guenther on July 3, 1943. She died March 26, 2001.
Mr. Ryan worked as a watchmaker for 39 years at Montgomery Ward, "when watches were watches." After retirement he enjoyed woodworking and sold crafts in the Plaza.
Survivors include a daughter, Pam Jewett; two brothers, JT and Mike; two sisters, Ida Wacker and Florence Klasinski; two grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 4, at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to John Knox Village, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures