Edward William Ryan
Leavenworth Services for Edward William Ryan, 82, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 5, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Ryan died Saturday, April 30, 2005, at Overland Park Regional Hospital.
He was born Feb. 20, 1923, in Springdale, the son of Harry and Elizabeth Ryan.
He married Helen Marie Guenther on July 3, 1943. She died March 26, 2001.
Mr. Ryan worked as a watchmaker for 39 years at Montgomery Ward, "when watches were watches." After retirement he enjoyed woodworking and sold crafts in the Plaza.
Survivors include a daughter, Pam Jewett; two brothers, JT and Mike; two sisters, Ida Wacker and Florence Klasinski; two grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 4, at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to John Knox Village, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Land Institute president steps down, but work continues
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas set to outsource vehicle dealer title services
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Appeals court refuses to rehear Kansas abortion threat case