Leavenworth Mass of Christian burial for Katherine E. Finneran, 89, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 4, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Leavenworth. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Finneran died Monday, May 2, at Medicalodge of Leavenworth.
She was born Jan. 22, 1916, in Leavenworth, the daughter of William and Florence (Gallagher) Conway.
She was raised in Leavenworth and graduated in 1934 from Immaculata High School. After raising her family, Mrs. Finneran worked for 15 years at Dwight D. Eisenhower Veterans Affairs Medical Center. She retired in 1978.
Mrs. Finneran was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary.
On Sept. 19, 1938, she married John Lloyd Finneran. He died June 13, 1986.
Survivors include a son, John Finneran; two daughters, Mary Murawski and Patricia Rettig; 11 grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; four stepgreat-grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)