Festival to raise funds for agency
Tiny-K, which provides provides its early intervention services for free to 90 children throughout Leavenworth County, will have its major fund-raising event this weekend.
The Children's Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Danny Zeck Ford, 4501 S. Fourth St., Leavenworth.
The festival will feature, train rides, a petting zoo, bike sale, arts and crafts.
Tiny-K has evaluated and provided services to nearly 400 children in Leavenworth County since its inception two and a half years ago. Its services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech instruction, audiology and speech-language pathology. It also helps families access a variety of other services for children, said Dawn O'Brien, director of Nurturing Families Inc., which operates Tiny-K for Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Elementary nurse Tammy Dooley
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty