Open house marks tourism week
Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Lansing Historical Museum will play host at an open house from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. May 12 at the museum, 115 E. Kansas Ave.
The open house is in recognition of See America Week/NTW (National Tourism Week), May 7-15, and National Preservation Week.
A news release from the city notes that Mayor Kenneth Bernard, City Council members and the Lansing Historical Society will be on hand to greet visitors to the open house. A complimentary night's stay at Holiday Inn Express and dinner for two at La Mesa Restaurant will be given away during the open house.
The city will kick off its observance of See America Week by participating in the Kansas Sampler Festival, which is Friday and Saturday in Newton. The Convention and Visitors Bureau hands out information about the community at the event.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs High secretary Cindy Stephens