Sunday assault case under investigation
An early-morning incident Sunday ended with a 36-year-old man in custody and two sisters under investigation.
Lansing Police Chief Steve Wayman said an argument between the three at 12:50 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of East Eisenhower Road escalated into a physical confrontation. The man pushed one of the sisters, a 26-year-old, through a screen door. When officers arrived, the man was in his vehicle. He was stopped and taken into custody for aggravated battery.
An investigation is continuing to determine whether the woman who was pushed through the screen and her 25-year-old sister will be charged with simple battery, Wayman said, The 25-year-old took her sister to a Leavenworth hospital to treat a leg cut caused when she was pushed through the door, Wayman said.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it