VFW to install new officers
James Taylor Lansing Memorial Post 12003 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars will install its 2005-2006 slate of officers at its May meeting.
Those elected are: James Fricke, commander; Michael Howell, senior vice commander; Jeffery Mead, junior vice commander; Dale Gordon, quartermaster; Jim Meadows, chaplain; Billy Blackwell, service officer; Michael Clark, judge advocate; Christy Mead, surgeon; Forrest Holdeman, three-year trustee; Verlin Thompkins, two-year trustee; and Clarence Porter, one-year trustee.
In addition, Gordon has been appointed to serve as post adjutant.
Installation of officers will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 7, at the Lansing Activity Center, 108 S. First St. The officers will officially assume their duties after department elections June 10.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites