Dorothy “Jean” Jordan
Services for Dorothy "Jean" Jordan, 74, Lansing, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 12, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
Mrs. Jordan died Sunday, May 8, 2005, at her home.
She was born Sept. 27, 1930, in Oklahoma City, the daughter of David and Dorothy (Johnson) Wallar.
Mrs. Jordan retired from the Council on Aging and had worked previously for many years as a packer for Studdard Moving Co. She was a member of United Brethren Church of Leavenworth.
She married Louis "Buster" W. Jordon on Feb. 14, 1948, in Leavenworth. He died Aug. 5, 2001.
Survivors include two sons, Charles Jordan, Leavenworth, and Wayne Jordan, Lansing; a daughter, Katy Patzwald, Leavenworth; four brothers, Dave Wallar, Doniphan, Mo.; Jack Robbins, Theodosia, Mo., Richard Harris, Arvada, Colo., and Joe Robbins, Fort Collins, Colo.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Hospice, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher