PRIDE resumes yard awards
Lansing It's time to whip those lawns into shape again.
This month, Lansing PRIDE Committee will resume rewarding Lansing homeowners who maintain outstanding yards. One or two addresses in each of the four wards will be selected for recognition each month until the fall chill ends the competition.
Criteria includes overall general appearance, attractiveness and harmony of style between house and yard. The back yard and detached structures are also considered.
Winners of the yard award should be aware that although their yards may continue to be outstanding year after year, the awards are usually made to those who have not been previously recognized.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women