LHS places second at art competition
Lansing About 35 Lansing High School students participated in the 25th Annual Highland Art Day on April 28 at Highland Community College.
The event included competitions, workshops and exhibitions of students' work. LHS took second place in the overall competitions in the 4A, 5A and 6A division.
Students who won individual awards for their artwork were senior Alison Cain, best in show and three awards for artistic excellence; senior Kyle Gowdy for artistic excellence; senior Kayla Sanchez for artistic excellence; and junior Jessica Riese for artistic excellence. Students receiving honorable mentions were Gowdy, Sanchez, junior Monika Krawczyk and senior Kelsey Fallesen.
Lansing also earned first place in the art history competition with team members Cain, Gowdy, Fallesen and sophomore Katie O'Dell. Krawczyk won first place in an on-site self-portrait competition.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kaw Valley Relay For Life alters format, seeks participants