After reading Gene Young's history article on Mr. Earl Johnsmeyer and his wife Irene, I would really like to see the school board of the high school name the basketball gym after him. It would be a nice gesture to a gentleman who loved Lansing and the school system. I played for Mr. Johnsmeyer in 1949 and coached against him a few years later and I can say this: there has never been a better man. I have never lost my respect for him.
More like this story
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education