Police officers pick up awards
Aaron Wilson is the Lansing Police Officer of the Year.
Wilson picked up the award Monday at the 19th annual Leavenworth County Peace Officers and Police Awards.
Also honored at was Lansing Police Officer Jim Magee, who was given a Certificate of Appreciation for his work as reserve police officer, animal control officer, and firefighter."
A Certificate of Achievement in Criminal Investigation was given to Detective Charles Crawford for finding and arresting the suspect in a December robbery and rape case. Sgt. Anthony Waterman received a Merit Award for Excellent Arrest in the same case.
Officer Billy Blackwell II was honored with a Merit Award for Excellent Arrest for locating and apprehending a fugitive wanted for involuntary manslaughter and fraudulent use of a financial card.
Officer Michael Heuer was recognized with a Safety Award for his work in enforcing traffic laws and automobile safety.
The Leavenworth County Law Enforcement Officer of the Year Award went to Sheriff's Sgt. Andrew Dedeke.
More like this story
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County