Library board appointments on tap
Current Staff Reports
Two Lansing Community Library board members will be considered for reappointment to their posts at this week's meeting of the Lansing City Council.
Karen Colstrom and Laura Barnes are being recommended for four-year reappointments to the board, which oversees functions at the library, which is housed in the Lansing Activities Center. Colstrom is a day care provider and regular patron of the library; Barnes is a retired schoolteacher who volunteered at the library prior to her appointment to the board.
The council meets at 7 p.m. today, May 19, at City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
Here's the agenda:
¢ Consider minutes from the May 5 council meeting.
¢ Consider appointments of members to the Lansing Community Library Board.
¢ Hear reports from city staff members and council members.
Other items of interest:
¢ Thank you note from The Heritage Center
¢ United Way certificate of appreciation for City Clerk Karen Logan
¢ Basics of Budgeting certificate for Georgia Brown, city accountant
¢ United Way Impact Award for the city
¢ Monthly reports from various city departments
More like this story
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea