Lions eliminated from state tennis tourney
Both doubles teams go 0-2
Topeka Both Lansing High tennis doubles teams were eliminated from the Class 5A state tournament on Friday at Kossover Tennis Center in Topeka.
Seniors Chris Bristow and Chris Hancock lost their opening match, 6-0, 6-3, to Andrew Robinson and Kolbe Joens of Blue Valley. Bristow and Hancock then lost to Jacob George and Keith George of Salina South, 9-5, in the consolation bracket.
Juniors Matt Warner and Shawn Jung lost their opening round match, 6-4, 6-2, to Evan McFarland and Adam Squintieri of Blue Valley West. Warner and Jung later fell to Jonathan Ellison and Kevin Klein of Wichita Bishop Carroll, 9-1, in the consolation bracket.
Bristow and Hancock ended the season with a 18-7 record. Warner and Jung's final record was 17-10.
For more from the state tennis tournament, visit lansingcurrent.com this weekend and pick up the May 26 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station