Lions eliminated from state tennis tourney
Both doubles teams go 0-2
Topeka Both Lansing High tennis doubles teams were eliminated from the Class 5A state tournament on Friday at Kossover Tennis Center in Topeka.
Seniors Chris Bristow and Chris Hancock lost their opening match, 6-0, 6-3, to Andrew Robinson and Kolbe Joens of Blue Valley. Bristow and Hancock then lost to Jacob George and Keith George of Salina South, 9-5, in the consolation bracket.
Juniors Matt Warner and Shawn Jung lost their opening round match, 6-4, 6-2, to Evan McFarland and Adam Squintieri of Blue Valley West. Warner and Jung later fell to Jonathan Ellison and Kevin Klein of Wichita Bishop Carroll, 9-1, in the consolation bracket.
Bristow and Hancock ended the season with a 18-7 record. Warner and Jung's final record was 17-10.
For more from the state tennis tournament, visit lansingcurrent.com this weekend and pick up the May 26 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament