Lansing resident admits to murder
Leavenworth A Lansing man faces life in prison after pleading guilty to kidnapping and murdering his estranged wife.
Gary Hicks, 37, entered the plea on Monday in Leavenworth County District Court.
Hicks admitted to kidnapping and murdering Patricia Kruse Hicks of Olathe on April 19, 2004. Her body was discovered three days later in a pond west of Lansing.
Sentencing is scheduled for July 22 before District Judge Frederick Stewart.
Deborah Owens, a spokesman for the Leavenworth County attorney, said Hicks would face a minimum of 25 years in prison before becoming eligible for parole.
More like this story
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.