Police present scholarship
Keri Keller, a Lansing High School senior, is the recipient of this year's Lansing Police Department Scholarship.
Police Chief Steve Wayman presented Keller with the $250 scholarship Monday at City Hall. The scholarship is funded by donations.
Keller, who plans to attend Highland Community College next fall, hopes to become a homicide detective and has interest in working for an agency in Texas.
For approximately 17 years, the Police Department Scholarship has been awarded annually to an LHS senior.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it