‘Spirit of Lansing’ deadline nears
The deadline is fast approaching for Lansing youths who want to show their town pride this summer in a contest challenging them to be knowledgeable, creative and civic-minded about their city.
Entry deadline for the first annual Spirit of Lansing competition, in conjunction with Lansing DAZE Festival, is 5 p.m. Friday, May 27. The contest is open to all Lansing residents and students between the ages of 6 and 17.
The contest consists of three events: a costume contest, service project and question-and-answer about Lansing.
The contest is June 10.
The registration fee is $25, and forms may be downloaded from the city's Web site at lansing.ks.us/Document-Centerii.asp under Attractions and Events. Forms also are available at City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program