Political group expanding to area
Americans for Posterity, a group committed to restraining growth of government at the local, state and federal levels, is expanding its statewide chapter to Leavenworth, Atchison and Jefferson counties.
The group will have its initial area meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. June 22 at Lansing Community Center, 800 First Terrace.
A news release from the organization says AFP educates and engages citizens on economic policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory responsibilities. AFP members "are committed to countering the powerful special interest groups that push relentlessly for bigger government at the local, state and federal levels," the release says.
For more information about the organization, call John Bradford, (913) 351-3688.
More like this story
- Basehor library event shares 'twisted' fairy tale
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday