Political group expanding to area
Americans for Posterity, a group committed to restraining growth of government at the local, state and federal levels, is expanding its statewide chapter to Leavenworth, Atchison and Jefferson counties.
The group will have its initial area meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. June 22 at Lansing Community Center, 800 First Terrace.
A news release from the organization says AFP educates and engages citizens on economic policies that champion the principles of entrepreneurship and fiscal and regulatory responsibilities. AFP members "are committed to countering the powerful special interest groups that push relentlessly for bigger government at the local, state and federal levels," the release says.
For more information about the organization, call John Bradford, (913) 351-3688.
More like this story
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Once a relatively minor holiday, Halloween has had a major marketing boost
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Hot-air balloon festival relocates to Ag Hall grounds
- Basehor library event shares 'twisted' fairy tale