LHS grad receives scholarship
Lansing High School graduate Todd Orlowski is a recipient of a 2005 Gwendolyne Hawley Trust Scholarship.
The trust provides academic awards to college students who are blind or visually impaired and who have demonstrated high levels of determination and success in their chosen career paths. Orlowski's award is for $1,000.
Orlowski, who graduated Saturday, plans to pursue an associate degree in computer system maintenance and network security at Kansas City Kansas Community College. He plans to continue his education at either Kansas State University or Northwest Missouri State University.
The KC Blind All Stars Foundation is responsible for administering the scholarship award for Mrs. Hawley, a longtime Hutchinson resident who is now deceased.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants