Mary S. McKenna
Mass of Christian Burial for Mary S. McKenna, 80, Lansing, was Friday, Nov. 4, at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, Lansing. Burial was at Mount Calvary Cemetery.
Mrs. McKenna died Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2005, at Royal Terrace Nursing and Rehab Center in Olathe where she was a patient.
She was born Nov. 6, 1924, in Jefferson City, Mo., the daughter of Frank and Emma (Wilmeno) Loethen
On Aug. 9, 1947, she married Edward C. McKenna in Jefferson City. He died June 12, 2003.
Mrs. McKenna was a devoted Army officer's wife and enjoyed traveling around Europe during her husband's two tours of duty in Germany. After her husband retired in 1976, the couple settled in Lansing.
She was a member of St Francis de Sales Church.
Survivors include a son, Edward C. McKenna, Omaha, Neb.: two daughters, Sheila K. Gonterwitz, Olathe, and Gail Masterson, Osage Beach, Mo.; two brothers, Wilfred and Alfred Loethen; a sister, Irma Glover; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Odyssey Health Care (hospice), sent in care of R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, 4701 Tenth Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas budget chief lays out possible cuts
- Kansas legislators struggle to draft tax plan for budget fix
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map