Helen E. Viessman
Services for Helen E. Viessman, 83, Oskaloosa, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will be at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Viessman died Friday, Nov. 4, 2005, at Hickory Point Nursing Home, Oskaloosa.
She was born Nov. 25, 1921, in Gasconade, Mo., the daughter of Hoyle D. and Albatina (Gardner) Hornbuckle.
She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary, American Legion Auxiliary, 40-8 American Legion and Lady Knights of Columbus. She traveled all over the United States with her bowling team, competing in national tournaments.
Mrs. Viessman's true love was her grandchildren, all of which she cared for in their youth.
She married Thomas H. Viessman on Feb. 14, 1942, in Washington, Mo. He died Dec. 19, 1988.
Survivors include three daughters, Darlene Kenny and Sharon Scanlon, both of Leavenworth, and Dona Sue Thibault, Lansing; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8, at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to Leavenworth Catholic Schools, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Bonner hair salon finds new home after fire
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa