Former TV host to preach safety
Sagasu Family Martial Arts will present a personal safety presentation on survival rules to help families protect themselves from crime. The event will feature Sanford Strong, former host of "America's Most Wanted" and a retired sergeant from the San Diego Police Department.
The demonstration will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 12 at Immaculata High School, 600 Shawnee St., Leavenworth.
Families are encouraged to attend this free event, but seating is limited to 380 guests.
Strong will speak about personal defense and show families how to make survival decisions. He will address questions such as, "If you're abducted in a car, what's the first thing you should do?", "At what point during a crime should you take a chance at escape?" and "What is the most essential concept about crime to convey to your children?"
Strong is a retired San Diego Police Department trainer and supervisor. He runs crime survival training for men, women, families and corporations in 18 countries and 34 states.
More like this story
- Royals, mascot face civil case in hot dog injury
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender